Ms Jodie Kink
Director and Clinical Psychologist
Jodie is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and has endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist.
Jodie describes her therapeutic style as professional and evidence-based yet down-to-earth. She is passionate about working with clients to increase their sense of self-worth, self-care, and self-compassion. Jodie appreciates the importance of the mind-body connection; she uses a holistic approach to help clients tune into their own strengths, values, and intuition to optimise personal wellbeing and life satisfaction. She understands that therapy can be challenging and may put people out of their comfort zones at times, but believes that ultimately the process and outcomes are empowering and incredibly rewarding.
Jodie has a particular interest in working with people to improve their body image and their relationship with food and movement. Referrals are accepted for clients experiencing clinical eating disorders, as well as issues relating to body dissatisfaction, exercise addiction, complex eating practices, and general mental health concerns such as depression, stress/anxiety, low self-esteem, chronic pain, and interpersonal issues.
Outside of work, Jodie’s own self-care practices include long walks with her energetic little dog, spending time with her young family, and enjoying Tasmania’s finest food and wine.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- Enhanced (CBT-E)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (CBT-AR)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Therapies
- Schema Therapy
- Health at Every Size (HAES) and Non-dieting approaches
- Psychology Board of Australia (Registered)
- ANZAED (Australia and New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders)
- HAES (Health At Every Size) Australia
- ASDAH (Australian Size Diversity & Health)