SERVICES WE OFFER
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – Enhanced (for Eating Disorders)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
- Specialist Supportive Clinical Management for Anorexia Nervosa
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness Skills
- Non-dieting approach to weight management
Family Based Therapy
Also known as the ‘Maudsley Model’, FBT is the most well-researched treatment for adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa.
Treatment Readiness Program
At times there can be a waiting period before new clients can be allocated to a Psychologist. Those on the waitlist may be eligible to undertake the Treatment Readiness Program, which comprises five sessions with a Provisionally Registered Psychologist who is supervised by Dr Meg Scanlan. Clients must be willing to receive regular health monitoring from their General Practitioner or other appropriate medical practitioner whilst they participate. It involves a comprehensive mental health assessment over two sessions, followed by sessions on education about Eating Disorders, identifying values and reasons why a client wishes to get better from their Eating Disorder, and goals that a client thinks they would like to work on. These sessions are free.
An eight-session Mindfulness group therapy program is offered periodically.
Group sessions that are currently under development include
- Emotion Regulation
- Body Image and Self-Compassion